Thursday 14 May 2009

Home sweet home

This is the house that Sarah built! My first attempt at a gingerbread house and I am most amazed at how well it stuck together! I didn't have to use any scaffolding, which I was all prepared for and so far the mortar (icing) seems to have held up very well! I have some very grand designs in my head for what I would like to do next, after I have managed to make a house which does not require a sprinking of 'snow' to cover up the joins! Whether these actually present themselves in real life as well as they are looking in my head is another thing!

I wanted to show you these pictures from a fellow Etsian, Boo's Jewellery. Yesterday there was a conversation about photographs which is something that is rather important when you are showing your products online. Boo uses some fantastic props for her pictures which show off her work brilliantly (I am not going to tell you what they are!).


If you click on the pictures you will be taken to Boo's Etsy page which will give you all the information about the products.



All Boo's Jewellery is individually handmade with her main tools , in her own words, being eyes, fingers and pliers! So not only is she a very acomplished photographer, she makes lovely jewellery too.
More work awaits so I shall be off, til tomorrow
Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. well done on the gingerbread house - pretty good for a first attempt! boo's photos are always lovely, really professional looking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely blog, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I do read them all and sometimes I even reply, now that I have figured out how to! Thanks again, take care x