Friday 19 June 2009

Thank you

Before I go off on a tangent I just want to say a big thank you to you all for your lovely comments you leave me on my blog. It is such a treat to open up my blog pages and find that you have been reading and leaving me messages, thank you x.
Buddy's Friday

As I have had a week of retrieving balls from rivers and streams I thought I would share a few tips with you about wet shoes!

If your shoes get soaked, take them off as soon as you get home, stuff with newspaper and let them dry naturally. Don't be tempted to put them in the sun or infront of the fire. Once they are dry use some saddle soap to condition them and then polish.

Dry wet wellies with a hairdryer.

To prevent dyed shoes marking your feet when they get wet spray the inside with some Scotchguard.

Never wear new leather shoes in the rain - they need a bit of wear to build up water resistance.

For an effective waterproof coating give your shoes a final polish with a coat of floor wax.
Hopefully those of us in the uk wont be having to worry about wet shoes for a few months with this hot hot hot summer we have been promised!
Take care all, til tomorrow
Sarah x

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant tips, my shoes get wet every morning walking in the dew filled fields. I don't have the problem of fishing balls out of water though, Sophie just dives in everytime, she loves getting wet everywhere but in the bath!

    You've been tagged, call by my blog for details.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Promises, promises Darah. We are having a funday on the village green this afternoon and everyone has worked so hard. I just hope the rain clouds will blow away and the sun comes out.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I do read them all and sometimes I even reply, now that I have figured out how to! Thanks again, take care x