Saturday 20 June 2009

Hitchin Lavender

I popped into Hitchin Lavender earlier in the week to collect some bits and pieces for my stores and thought that I would give you a little virtual tour.
On my travels to Australia I am always struck by how big the sky is there, I don't know what gives it that impression as it can't really be any bigger can it? When I came round the corner of the farm buildings and saw this view I got exactly that feeling here, in Hitchin.
This year the lavender fields are open daily up until the 16th of August and light refreshments are being served in the barn, a fabulous setting for a cuppa with it's beams and high ceilings. There's plenty of parking and would make a great day out, Hitchin itself is a lovely town to visit, great shops, a busy market and lots of history.
Don't you think this has to be just the best place for a picnic? Take a good book, hat and sunscreen and just reeeeelaaaaaax...........................
I'm sure I should probably promote some of my products I make with this lavender but I am far to relaxed just thinking about it! But if you like, click here and here to see some of my bits and visit the Hitchin lavender website to find out more about them. Let me know if you come for a visit, I could pop down and have a cuppa with you!
Take care all and have a lovely weekend, til tomorrow
Sarah x

4 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I would love to sit there with a cuppa and watch the world go by!
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Sal ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are lovely pictures - i love lavender :-)

    Rose XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, it looks a big site and beams and cuppas an added bonus! Lovely photos which do give that feeling of space.I like the bottom one with the focus on the foreground flowers.
    Cheers,Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sense of space. Like the photos esp the last one with the close focus flowers.
    Cheers, Tessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I do read them all and sometimes I even reply, now that I have figured out how to! Thanks again, take care x