Wednesday 6 April 2011

Spring in my step

You know it has been too long since you last did any serious excercise when you can only find one and a half pairs of trainers and you can't remember which ones are the 'workout ones' and which are the 'general wearing' ones!

You can't really see the blossom on the tree but it is such an odd but beautiful looking tree I had to take a picture in the sunshine earlier.  It is just one single branch which comes from the trunk at right angles and branches out, well it would if there were any other branches there, into a burst of bright pink blossom!

Just a few weeks ago the fields were ploughed, great big clods of turned soil, still freezing cold and not looking as if anything would ever be able to grow in it.

Now in the sunshine the paddocks have been ploughed again ready for sowing.  This day had a real proper spring scent about it, I was reading someone elses blog who was talking about the scent of the air at this time of year and it was very much happening the day I took this picture.

This is the 'before' shot of George in the spinny before the  cow parsley grows further, will try to remember to take another when it is in full bloom in a few weeks time.

Well I am off to raid the larder in preparation for excercising later - ha!  Will let you know how that goes!!
Take care
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I do read them all and sometimes I even reply, now that I have figured out how to! Thanks again, take care x