Friday 15 April 2011

The organist plays

Took a picture of the church at the top of the lane when I was out for my walk with George yesterday because the organist was inside practicing.  It sounded really lovely with the music, muffled but recognisable, coming from the building.  It felt like one of those miniature village scenes you see in the shops at Christmas time with miniature people and lights twinkling in the houses.  I don't know why it reminds me of a pretend church in a pretend village when it is quite clearly real but that's just the way it is!  I am also quite sure that the organist was not playing Zippididoo dah zippidy day either but for the life of me I cannot think of the name of the song, although very familiar from childhood!

Not such good news for dog walking is that the cows are back in the cow field, still giving the death stare at anyone who even contemplates climbing the style and invading their lush meadow!

So Goerge and I stick to the spinney and the fields, still measuring the vegetation!

Continuing along the church theme - our pew, from the afore mentioned church has been relocated to cover up the dead trees on our side of the driveway!  Yet to be painted, we need to get a wriggle on so as not to damage it any further from the elements.  We have at least agreed on the colour!  Potted up some little plants to add to the jepordy of reversing and turning vehicles round on the drive, well why not!!

It wasn't until we moved the pew we noticed that we have some grafiti - proper grafiti too, 200 years old!  I wonder who IS was and what they were doing clearly sitting on the floor as this is written on the shelf under the seat!  Will have to devise a way of preserving this when we paint it.
Must get on and make some more stuff, a full weekend of markets this week, Welwyn Garden tomorrow followed by Duck Pond in Ruislip on Sunday.
Take care all
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I do read them all and sometimes I even reply, now that I have figured out how to! Thanks again, take care x