Thursday 1 October 2009

Beautiful Glass

Just incase you don't get to read enough of my ramblings here, I am also featured on the Handmade Cambridge blog too!
I want to show off one of my very talented friends today. Linda Boy works with glass, fused glass, stained glass and dichroic, and those are just the processes I can remember. Now she doesn't have a website as most of her pieces are one off designs and to be honest they are so popular they probably would not be for sale long enough to go through the process of photographing, uploading, writing descriptions etc!

Just a small selection of the platters, jewellery, panels and freestanding designs.


This is fabulous - a rainbow of glass

Feeling patriotic? How about a glass coaster of your country's flag?
The patterns in these glass coasters are just fantastic.

This was taken in brilliant sunshine so the colours are not as intense and they actually are.
One of my favourites! Squashed bottles, can be used as spoon rests, tea bag catchers or mini cheese boards. I like to feel that I help by drinking anything in a pretty bottle so I can pass the empty on to Linda for her work!

Shining stars in the sunshine. In the background you can just see an example of the glass tiles that Linda makes.

This picture was taken when we were up at Dunstable Downs (before the rains came!). The windows of the marquee showed off Linda's work beautifully.

You can see Linda in Bedford on the second Saturday of each month, Biggleswade Farmers Market on the 3rd Wednesday and Barton le Clay on the first Sunday. As a member of the Bedforshire Area Crafts group she will be at various events throughout the year including Bedford's Victorian Market in December.
I have a mountain of signs to go and paint now, whilst finishing off the Christmas Card making inbetween drying times!
Take care all, til tomorrow
sarah x


1 comment:

  1. Lindas glass is just beautiful!! Victorian market sounds fab! will be popping along to that!!
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I do read them all and sometimes I even reply, now that I have figured out how to! Thanks again, take care x