Thursday 26 August 2010

A jolly nice day

Yesterday I went over to Maggies (of Sunflower Fabrics fame) for a sew and chatter day with a fabulous homecooked lunch to boot.
Mungo the cat wandering down the garden to be nosey and see what we are up to in the cabin.

This is what Ruth was up to, the beginnings of a quilt.

Ann was busy with some handquilting, white on white so simple yet it is going to look lovely when she has finished it.
Maggie was busy playing with some Liberty fabrics teamed with recycled cotton shirt fabrics, delicious colours and a few little Liberty fabric covered buttons which I made and have now got plans to make a lot more!
And whilst everyone was busy with beautiful fabrics, I was painting pegs!
A whole little army of dolly pegs in their finery, lined up and drying nicely on the shelf!

Right, back to it now, plenty to do ready for the weekend
Take care all, til tomorrow xx

1 comment:

  1. I like wooden pegs and hand painted they look pretty special. I wonder if you painted little eyes, nose and mouth they would have even more character. Liking them anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I do read them all and sometimes I even reply, now that I have figured out how to! Thanks again, take care x