Thursday 31 December 2009

Four out of Seven ain't bad

Firstly to put you in the picture, I am a little unwell today so am capable of being incredibly whingey and could moan and groan for England if it were ever to become an Olympic sport.

So I came down with a cold a few weeks ago before Christmas and it didn't do much after a couple of days and I thought that would be it, my singlular cold of the year which suited me fine. Hell no! Not going to be the case this year Sarah. Yesterday I was smacked in the face with the mother of all colds and spent the latter part of the day all rugged up in front of the telly catching up on the Christmas programs we didn't get the chance to watch last week. When I say rugged up, I really was - three jumpers of varying thicknesses, two blankets and sat infront of the roaring fire and I was only just about warm. Poor old Hubby was on the other side of the room as far away from the fire as possible absolutely swealtering!

Today I am carrying around a head that weighs more than any bowling ball known to man and about as dense as one too. Can't breathe through my nose which is becoming a very unattractive shade of scarlet and if I were one of the seven dwarfs I would be four of them actually - Sleepy, Grumpy, Dopey and Sneezy! Happy, Dock and Bashfull are all HiHo-ing somewhere off far far away.


In my attempts to numb the throbbing head, sore nose and blocked sinuses I have been taking a particular hot lemony drink which is called, according to one of my friends 'Devil's Pee' - she's not wrong with that one is she? Man it tastes bad and even worse, the new box I had to get yesterday has been modified to contain Menthol as well! I mean, who in their right minds ever thought that Menthol and Lemon go toghether? I can tell you they don't and have now been christened 'Saturn's Revenge'. That said though, they are terribly effective and I don't think I'd even be out of my bed if it wern't for the foul stuff!

Apologies for my feeling sorry for myself and pitiful whinging but I feel better now! I hope you are all keeping healthy and have a fantastic time tonight if you are going to celebrate the New Year.

Take care all

Sarah xx

3 comments:

  1. I do hope that you get completely better very soon!
    A very Happy New Year!
    xxx
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...poor you. I hope today has you feeling slightly better. Take care.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear me, I hope you feel better soon. My dh is under the weather also.

    A Happy New Year to you and your family,

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I do read them all and sometimes I even reply, now that I have figured out how to! Thanks again, take care x