At last I have got onto trying out some of the projects in one of my books that I have been meaning to have a go at for ages now. These are the results:
A pot stand, this one is quilted and unscented which is a change to the ones I am usually making with the cloves and cinnamon inside.
This is some of the fabric I bought at the Festival of Quilts last year at the NEC. I love the colours, not the style of fabrics that I would usually choose but I was myseriously drawn to these!
And for the proper British cuppa.........
A rather patriotic tea cosy! At last a delve into the scap bucket to use up some of those fabrics. Although I did discover that I have not used much red in the past as I was struggling to find enough to make this up. Note to oneself - use more red, it is afterall one of my favourite colours!
And finally.............. No I didn't make this one! Found this today at my favourite treasure trove of goodies. I am certain that this is the same as a picture that used to hang at my Nan's house. There was such a familiarity about it as soon as I saw it that I picked it straight up and held onto it all the way round the shop. Just as soon as I can bring myself to hammer into my lovely new walls, this will be going in the workshop!
Have a lovely weekend everyone