Thursday 3 August 2017

Breakfast and dinner!

It has been a busy few weeks here in Land Cuckoo with making stock ready for the summer holidays and fitting in some bespoke orders.

I can share with you one of these orders which has now been delivered.


Ashelford Farmhouse Retreat is a beautiful bed and breakfast set in the North Devon countryside.
 I was asked to produce a menu board so their guests could discover their foodie options for brekkie and dinner.  I can highly recommend the smoked trout - I'm lucky enough to live locally and have sampled this already!


 This was a great project to work on, I decided to divert from the standard chalkboard menu type of look and instead found this fab chunk of rescued wood which I painted to look a little worn (not shabby!) and then protected it with a good number of coats of matt finish varnish.



The wood still has the stamp on the end and I liked it that way!
In case you need any accommodation down here in North Devon click here to get to their website.

Right now I am back to the workshop to finish off some more stock for the craft fair over at Lee Bay which is on for the next couple of weeks.

Take care for now, til next time
Sal.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I do read them all and sometimes I even reply, now that I have figured out how to! Thanks again, take care x